The Spencer Club is a thriving multi sports club is South West London, with separate sections for cricket, hockey, tennis, squash, lacrosse and netball. We cater for all levels and ages, with a buoyant membership of over 3000 members, there’s something for everyone.
Click on the links below to visit our section websites.
Position: Club Manager
The Club Manager is at the heart of the Club, responsible for its day-to-day management working closely with the Club officers and committee.
• Leadership of and accountability for a small team, including grounds, facilities, finance, office, membership and bar
• Liaison with sections, balancing different interests and responsive to members’ needs
• Ensuring a safe, clean and secure environment for sport and leisure, for all ages; safeguarding, Health and Safety and other compliance activity
• Financial management, budgeting and accounting
• Developing revenue-generating and off-peak opportunities; central fundraising and sponsorship; events management
• Key role in project management of the Club’s development
• Oversight of the grounds, on- and off-site, resource allocation and change of seasons
• Administrative systems and records, membership procedures, facilities booking and access, cancellation procedures, equipment storage, etc
• Clubhouse, bar and kitchen including access, cleaning and security
• Website, marketing and communications
• Relationships with neighbours – other clubs, schools and public bodies, residents, police
• Highly motivated, reliable and committed to the success of the Club
• Well organised, flexible, self-motivated, problem-solving, takes initiative
• Good manager of people, staff and volunteers; leads by example
• Financial management skills, familiarity with budgets and accounts
• Able to develop and maintain efficient and effective administrative systems
• Good communication skills, written and oral; strong negotiator
• Friendly, polite, likes being around people (including young people and children)
• Enjoys sport, understands sports clubs, positive about health and fitness
• DBS check required, First Aid and Health and Safety experience an advantage
Terms and Conditions
The role is full time and permanent. Hours will include some work in the evening and at weekends (eg Sunday mornings and major events). The Club Manager reports to the Club committee through the Chair. Competitive salary offered depending on skills and experience.
For further information about Spencer please see the website www.spencerclub.org
To apply please send a CV and covering letter – to include relevant experience, current salary/salary expectations and the names of two referees – by 15 April to firstname.lastname@example.org